Wednesday, January 14, 2015

14 Jan 15

Subject: Transfer 16 Week 5

This week super flew.

We have officially started the "Good bye, i'm leaving, I'll probably never see you again" phase of my mission. Last night we saw a part member family for the last time. It was a super good lesson and I think that we've made progress with this non member husband for the first time in (literally) 4 years, so we'll see how it goes. I'll fill you in on the details when I get back. But Anziano Malzone thinks he's funny and has decided to ask everyone we meet for marriage advice because "Anziano will be married in three months and he needs all the help he can get." So last night I got these gems:
1. Marry a girl who is "super sweet". Because after 20 years she'll become "sweet," then 20 more she'll be "a little sour" and then if we make it 20 more she'll be a witch. I have to marry someone super sweet because if I don't i'll get to the "a little sour" and "witch" phase sooner.
2. When she gets past "sweet," when she gets mad, I just need to suffer in silence. Then I can do what I want.
3. Don't marry five women (I guess there's a show on RealTV about some dude with five wives)
So i've got some solid guidelines to follow now.

It's kind of weird where i'm at because we've got a full schedule until next wednesday, so I feel like everything is going to fly.

I'm glad everything is ok with Brandon! In the future (next week) if anything crazy happens just tell me, don't say "I dont know if you heard" because I haven't heard haha. But i'm glad everything went smoothly. The first thing I saw this week was a picture of Brandon in a neck brace and I was super confused.

So the mission really developes you in ways you never thought that they would. Last Saturday we went to a baby shower. We went early to help set up, and I guess a baby shower is an american thing. So they turned to me and said "You're American, how do we decorate for a baby shower?" Yeah. We just taped some balloons to the wall and made little paper people and put them on the blackboard. It was a success.

That's pretty much it. We've got a pretty killer line up these next couple of days with lessons, so i'm excited about that. Sunday i've got a talk and then it's gametime.

I love you all so much! I can't wait to see you all, so make sure to CTR and stuff so it can be a happy reunion. Have a great week!

Anziano Christian Fife McKinnon

No comments:

Post a Comment