Saturday, January 24, 2015

21 Jan 15

Subject: Transfer 16 Week 6

Well.

It didn't hit until two days ago that i'm actually comin home. I was packing and Anziano Malzone was doing calls and he got off the phone and said "We have an appointment with a preacher of so and so church on Saturday!" I got super stoked because I love teaching people that actually care about religion, and then it kind of hit me "You're going to be normal on Saturday." So I just kind of sat on my bed for a second and had a "What is happening" moment. It was a really stressful moment, but then I realized that i'd be watching BYU basketball and it made it easier.

This week was a really good week. The sisters had a rough one, two of their investigators (who we've been telling to drop) got checked into the mental hospital. One of them had a little freak out during their lesson. I'll give you all the deets when I get home. Our week was good though. Sunday I gave my last talk and it was sad. Then our branch president spoke at the end and said thanks for my service and he was crying (because of the humidity he kept saying, haha) and it was a really sad/good Sunday. Then we went and ate at one of my favorite member family's house, then ate dinner with our branch president.

Monday we cleaned our house and packedish. I'll just say that packing without a billion white shirts and sheets is the BEST thing ive ever done. Yesterday we saw some more people to say bye, and now i'm here. I have to put the last couple of things in my suitcase tonight and yeah. We're going to hang out with some members today and then come to the church and say bye to more people. Then we have english class and then as my friend Anziano Guzzle is sayin "Peace out freaks."

Tomorrow we go to Milano and have exit interviews, etc. Then Friday morning i'm on a jet plane.

So I guess that this is it. I hope that i'll never have to use email this much again.

SO i'll end with this. Im still trying to get my thoughts and feelings together because everyone in the world says to me "How do you feel?" The answer that I keep giving is that "I'm ready." At first I thought it was just because i'm exhausted and warn out and ready to be with my family again. But as i'm thinking about it more, i'm ready because I feel like I did what I needed to do. I've made mistakes and I have some regrets, but I know that everything will turn out ok. I know that my Heavenly Father will make everything ok. This wasn't the mission that I expected, and looking back it probably wasn't the mission that I wanted. But it was the mission that I needed, and I am so thankful that I could have this time to get beat up a little bit and grow. I like the person that Heavenly Father is helping me become, and i'm excited to keep moving forward when I get home. I'm thankful for the testimony that i've found here, and i'm thankful for the trials that helped me get it. Like I said before, i'll share all the deets in a more spiritual setting (and not over email), but just know that I know that it's true, and I know that it's real. I love you all, and i'll see you soon.


Anziano Christian Fife McKinnon

No comments:

Post a Comment