Thursday, March 14, 2013

14 Mar 13


Hello family and friends!

I cannot wait until Tuesday. This week has dragged by, but it's already Thursday. Crazy!

So Dad asked what my typical schedule is like everyday. Sorry I'm responding to this as i'm about to leave, but here it is:

Wake up at 630
Study time ay 7 (we read scriptures as a district in Italian)
Breakfast at 730
Class from 8-11 (all in Italian. Coaching missionary study, "investigators" and Language)
Personal Study time at 11 (when I read my scriptures)
Lunch at 1215
Language Study at 1 (just study what we've learned, no teacher)
Class from 215-515 (on mondays we have TRC, where we talk to members who volunteer in Italian. This is where I saw McKenzie Boyle. Someone needs to tell Dylan to do it haha)
Dinner 515
Gym 610-7
TALL 730 (my least favorite part of the day. It's a computer program to help us learn Italian and it is the WORST)
Additional Study time at 835
Planning from 9-930
Personal time 930-1030 (journal time, brush teeth, etc.)
Bedtime 1030

Every tuesday and sunday we have a devotional, and every tuesday morning we have service.

Ok so when I call home. I think we are leaving the MTC at 8am on Tuesday. I will double check, I accidently left my flight plans in our room. I'll send that later today if I still have time. We leave in the morning at 8ish (from the MTC) and our flight leaves at 11? Then we fly to Chicago, have a three hour layover, fly to london, have a six hour lay over, then to Milan. We'll get to Milan at 12:30pm Milan time. No idea what happens then.

Make sure you know how to do the conference call thing Mom and Dad before I call. I don't know how much time i'll have, cause we have to do security and passports and stuff. Maybe be ready at 10ish? If you have a better guess let me know. I'll try and find out more and send you a letter.

That would be awesome to see Brad and Sherry with Austin and Audrey in Italy. You'll have to let me know when exactly you'll be there, and hopefully i'll be in Venice mid July! Congrats to them by the way. I really like Austin, i'm glad to have him in the family.

I hosted new missionaries yesterday again and saw Travis Steward. I talked to him for a couple minutes. I didn't know that he knew Dad before he got married. He said he could tell me some funny stories about Dad, i'd love to hear haha. He seems like a really nice guy.

I've gotten some great packages. I loved Amanda's cookies, Grandma and Granpa's letter/candy, and Laurel and Lynette send some awesome candies to. I think i've got enough high chews to last at least another week :) haha. So thanks to them for all the love!

I saw Alex Stewart this week. He got here last Wednesday (not yesterday, but the week before) and got a chance to talk to him for 15 minutes while waiting for a devotional. I also saw Cam Larsen and talked to him for a bit.

Things are getting pretty exciting now. We've had lots of departure meetings and they want us to start packing today. I'm so thankful my Visa had no problems. I ran into mark brewster just barely, and he said he was supposed to leave on Monday but he didn't get his visa. I know six weeks isn't a ton of time, but i am so ready to get out of here. As fun as the MTC is, I think Italy will be better. Crazy one week from now i'll be knocking on doors 4000 miles away. And I've been gone for a month and a half. So insane!

Sorry this is kind of a short letter, but not a lot has happened. Actually, I don't know if this got put on the blog, but Elder Holland visited our class last week. Such a cool experience! Mom, if you could throw that picture on the blog that would be awesome.

I'm kind of bummed i'm missing March Madness right now. The tournament starts today and spring football has got to be coming up. I'm excited to get out of Provo. It amazes me how cut off I am from the world here.

I'm going to send this really quick, and go find my flight plans just so I can give you specific details. Hopefully everything works out!

Just in case I don't get a chance to jump on here again today, I love you all! And I'd like to give a shout out to my Mom. She has written me every day since i've been in the MTC. She's in the lead for best writer in my district. It's a close race with Anziano Herrin's girlfriend who writes him 4 pages letters every three days or so. She even sprays them with perfume. But I think Mom is still in first place for sure. And it's her birthday on the 18th. You're just growing up so fast! So happy birthday Mom! i love you so much!

Anyways, thanks again for all the support! I love you!

Anziano Christian Fife McKinnon

PS i'll be sure to take the point at your mission picture today.

No comments:

Post a Comment