Wednesday, December 11, 2013

11 Dec 13


Crazy that two weeks from today is Christmas, right? Mom, you need to resend me your skype account stuff, so we can like totally skype.
Dad, ill start off by saying I know how you feel about spending lots of time with ward lists. Muggio has 500ish names on their list, but only like 180ish active members. So weve been going through it tracking everyone down and finding out if these people still exist or not. Its soooooooo fuuuuuuun.
We had a really awesome zone conference on Monday. The Dibbs made a Christmas dinner for everyone for lunch, with ham and potatoes. It was really good. Sister Dibb also made us all aprons for Christmas. Theyre the best!
After the zone conference, I did a scambio with Anziano Green and it was a blast. He was in my MTC group. Anyways we had an appointment with someone we found on the ward list, but he didnt show up. So we were outside his house, and I was calling/ringing the citofono trying to find out where he was. Anziano Green tried to talk to a guy outside of a bar, and I saw the guy say no and go inside. I was looking at the phone and stuff, then I look up, and all of a sudden Anziano Green is surrouned by 8 half sobber egyptians who werent really "in accord" with our message. That was pretty exciting getting out of that. But we both made it out, so its all good!
The next morning, we went to the train station to rescami. There were 9 minutes until our train left, so we decided to get a chocolate croissant. Long story short, due to some very innaccurate predictions about when they would be done, we missed the train by thaaaaat much. Next train wasnt for an hour. Sweet! So I was feeling really dumb about missing the train, but we went out and did some strada. Its all good though because we found THE COOLEST LADY! Shes from Ethyopia, and was like "Hey, you two should come to my house and teach me all about this!" And we said a prayer with her, and at the end she was crying and said "Jesus wanted us to meet today." MIRACLES ARE SO COOL. The only bummer is (which really isnt a bummer) that she lives just barely outside our area. Buuuut I got to pass her to Anziano Simcox, who was my roomy at the MTC.
Mom, I have recieved the Christmas package! I love all the scripture references. The Old Testament says some weird stuff sometimes, right?
Thats all ive got for you all this week. I love you all so much, and thanks for all the love and support. Thanks also for all the christmas cards from everyone! Youre all the best (every single one of you)!
Anziano Christian Fife McKinnon


No comments:

Post a Comment