Wednesday, March 5, 2014

05 Mar 14

Ill start off by saying that yes, I do get all your emails, and ill try to do better at commenting on them.

I got the package! I was nervous cause it was totally ripped open, then thrown into a bag, so the shirts were kinda dirty, but everything was in there. I have the card, but I havent tried it yet. Ill let you know next week. 

THAT'S SO SWEET JIMMER GOT TRADED TO THE BULLS!

That probably shouldnt be very high on my email list, but thats ok. Im just glad I never have to cheer for the Kings again.

Anyways, this week was a little slow. Anziano Garner got sick and was inside Saturday and Sunday. So I stayed with him Saturday, and Sunday I went out with Anziano Matau. We ran into a guy with red spectacles who told us to watch "Jesus Christ Rockstar." Then we ran into a family of three named Stephen, Stephen, and Stephany. If they forget someone's name, the dont have to ASK me, but ask Stephen. Sorry if no one but Dad gets that joke.

We had to drop our pretty cool investigator last night. He believes that it doesnt matter what church we go to or what doctrine we believe in, because its all the same. We just have to believe in Christ. He just kept saying that our doctrine was the same as every other Christian church. We were very clear, but he just didnt see us. He's still praying about if he should be baptized on April 4th, so we'll see what happens.

We found a cool guy on Monday. Here is his story: "My grandfather was a king in Ghana, but said that it isnt right for a Believer to be a king, so he gave up his kingship and moved to Minnesota, where he was baptized as a Latter Day Saint. I came here and have been looking for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, but I havent found them yet." So we have a return appointment with him for tomorrow and yeah.

Im trying to think of stuff that would be interesting. Matau's new companion is an Anziano Windley from Pleasant Grove, so maybe Maddie Conlee knows him. He's one of my favorite missionaries, so its been super fun living with him. 

Thats all ive got for this week! Hopefully BYU makes the NCAA Tournament. When is Selection Sunday? Anyways, shout out to Sophie for her missionary work! Ya done good kid. I love you all so much, and I hope you have a great week!

Anziano Christian Fife McKinnon

No comments:

Post a Comment