Thursday, September 25, 2014

24 Sep 14


Well another transfer officially done. Im now with Anziano Mallari, who is going into his second to last transfer. He's a ballroom dancer, or as he just clarified "Competitive Social Dancing", cooker, Phillipino, and a student at the University of Utah. He's very energetic and loves to talk and sing. He reminds me how much I miss Kate singing all the time, so there's that memory from home! When we got to the apartment after I picked him up from the train station, I went and sat down on my bed. Ten seconds later, I hear this loud sound from the other room. I went in to see what was going on, and he had started re arranging how our desks and tables were set up. So I just looked at him and went back and laid on my bed. I thought it was pretty funny. At night, I wish someone could just document what our room is like. He listens to music and dances in the middle of our room and I sit on my bed and read the Bible. Im sure that our lives are documented on a missionary version of Drake and Josh for the angels who watch TV. 

Missionary work is going well! This morning we got a phone call from this professor we had talked to a few weeks ago. He wants us to go and teach his class about what we believe. So we'll be doing that on the 7th of October. 

We did some less active pass bys that we havent been able to get ahold of. We ran into an ex branch president who's been less active for awhile who was really nice, and then a Phillipino family let us in. Anz. Mallari worked his Phillipino stuff and spoke in Tagalog, and now were going back to see them for dinner! Its cool to see how transfer calls are inspired!

I say it every week, but we are SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO close with some of the investigators were working with. Last week I forgot to tell a story. We went to see a part member family for lunch. The wife is a member, but the husband isnt. He's a really great person and was close to baptism but got really busy during the summer with work. The member's mom was there, who also isnt a member, but she was kind of against the church. The husband, for lack of a better term, threw down. He was like "This Church is so flippin true, theyre all about following Jesus, and they pay way more tithing than the rest of the world and its awesome! This Church is so true!" We just kind of sat there in silence thinkin "Yeah, you gett'er Michele!" It was a really cool experience.

Those experiences sum up pretty well our week. Im really excited for General Conference! Mom, you wont believe this story. I bought a tie today, and it wasnt blue or black. Thats actually a lie, it is blue, but it has lots of red on it too. You'll like it a lot.  

I wish I had more to tell you all this week, but I really dont. So i'll get you a better letter next week! I love you all so much! Im glad things are going well, and am glad that Sophie has some motivation to go to math haha. The number one first thing im planning on doing when I get home is watch Kate's singing DVD thing. Boo ya! Anyways, have a good week! CTR!

Anziano Christian Fife McKinnon



No comments:

Post a Comment